Assurance?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Assurance?

Post by Mallz »

I do have a lot of darkness to reject...
Honesty, we all do. I still have darkness being revealed to be abolished.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

MCF wrote:I do have a lot of darkness to reject...
Start by denying going by your feelings and simply trust in what Jesus said in the scriptures mentioned...

You will make it and will get thru this. After the low wears off, we can discuss more on being free from the darkness but for now, trust what Jesus says. He will not let us go!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
MCF
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by MCF »

Thank you
Deeper into this abyss
Weighted down and sinking fast
Life did not offer me
More than false destiny
I feel nothing
I am nothing
I feel nothing
I am nothing
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

MCF wrote:Faith would be for me to say that I am 100% certain that I am a Christian. To say I am not 100% sure is to display a lack of faith...
Ok, I don't compute, my understanding of faith is much different. y@};-
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

MCF wrote:My heart says that I need to strive to be more like Jesus
My as well.

It really shows your love and desire for Jesus.

And that is great.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

MCF,

This is a really good article about what biblical faith is.

I hope it helps. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

This is a really good article about what biblical faith is.
Good article Rick, I'd like to take this opportunity for a little Otiot study to go further ^_^
MCF, the Otiot is the most ancient aramaic/hebrew alephbet, they are symbols.
By reading what is said in it's original form the Word becomes concrete where languages can make it abstract.
Actually, I'll use this guys teachings, he does a good job (I think he's a lil weird though).
The Aramaic/Hebrew root word for grace, is channah (say "han-nah"), which in most ancient times always referred to pitching a tent (something they did on a daily basis; something everyone understood very clearly) ... and the otiot are:

chet (say "het"): A fence that surrounds and protects the sheep.

nun (say "noon"): A seed ... in this case, the Good Seed; Messiah Yahshua.

hey: A person with their arms raised, praising the Father.

Summation: We are saved by pitching our tent with the Father, His Son, and His Spirit.
He surrounds and protects those that are His (chet) and who have become Good Seeds through Messiah Yahshua (nun), by their awe and worship of the Father (hey)

The Aramaic/Hebrew root word for faith, is aman (say "ah-mahn"), which is also the word that gives us amen (say "ah-mane") ... and the otiot are:

aleph (say "ah-lef"): Headship; being yoked to the Father.

mem: Water (the Word) and blood (Salvation).

nun (say "noon"): A seed ... in this case, the Good Seed; Messiah Yahshua.

Summation: Through being yoked to the Father (aleph), and through the blood which purchased us - along with our being washed and perpetually growing in His Word (mem), we become the Good Seeds, through the bloodline of Messiah Yahshua (nun).
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

You can think of it this way as well: Jesus places you in His house (The Father's House) forever due to what he did, not you. In his house he deals with us sons and daughters and not as heathen as John 6:37 mentions. As part of His household we in turn learn the trade of the Master so we can shine his light to a dark world. In other words, faith begins by invite to see who desires to come to be yoked to the Lord and learn from him. Simple accepting the his invite he paid for means he will not cast anyone out who comes to His tent/house as John 6:37 and Heb 7:25 shares.

Most folks get hung up on the static invite alone and are not taught about attachment to God's house grace brings about through faith. Thus, the struggles they go through as Christians are not addressed very well or taught on in any great degree. The modern gospel message is sold as a free lunch. The sign says, free food, free prosperity, freedom so come on inside - its free, just come on inside and all is well.

However, the reality of faith is that of a journey of you learning to live in God's house which he will never let you go as He paid too dear a price for you to just toss away at the first temper tantrum. This journey has trials, and troubles, and struggles as well as blessings and perks that go along with just being His adopted sons and daughters disciplined by Grace so we can better reflect his life giving light to a lost world bound to darkness.

The Hebrew concept of faith is active. Learning from God to shed personal darkness so one actually understands the true freedom God's grace brings wisely. The modern idea of faith is passive and thus many become shipwrecked and discouraged not feeling like they belong to God's household. Faith is active and not passive.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

MCF wrote:I do have a lot of darkness to reject...
Have a go at reciting Jesus' main prayer (usually once every night). It's the 'super-weapon' against darkness.

-----------

"Our Father Who Art in Heaven Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day daily bread and forgive us our transgressions
as we forgive those who transgress against us. And lead us while
we are in temptation and deliver us from evil, for Thine is the
Kingdom and the Power and the Glory, Forever.

Amen"
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

MCF...

I totally understand how you`re feeling, I feel like it too sometimes. That nagging fear of how do we really know? Am I fooling myself? Is it really true? You believe and trust yet there are still doubts.
Paul, I think, posted something that really helped me trust more, I forget exactly what he posted but the message was that Jesus knows. He knows what we feel, He knows our fears. HE KNOWS.

It`s okay to be unsure, it shows you`re taking it seriously and I think that some Christians with the strongest faith go through periods of doubt.

Stay strong, keep trusting.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
somebodyelse
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by somebodyelse »

The bible mentions in :

"Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. " - Philippines 2:12 (NLT)

" Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. " - 2 Peter 1:10 -11 (NLT)

I was water baptised over 10yrs ago at the age of 14. Up until recently last February I didn't really read the bible at all or look/spend time with God that often. Now though I have a strong desire to read my bible, seek God/learn about him, and want to Spiritually grow.

Now the thing I'm struggling is what is God's will for me to do and what I should & shouldn't be doing. I am strongly considering to give up video games with the help of Christ. Lately as I play them don't seem as fun and I feel convicted that'll I'm going to have regret if I continue on that path.

With salvation people shouldn't tell others that they are saved and leave it to God to tell that person.

This video link goes over how salvation has changed over the years because some people didn't want to take the time for God to lead that person and instead focused on big numbers. Also how many people were water baptised, but didn't feel baptised in the spirit until many years later.
Most "Christians" are going to hell - The Graham …:Link deleted by moderator. We don't have time to watch youtube videos before approving posts