a question about a page on this website

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
kagemaru
Newbie Member
Christian: No

a question about a page on this website

Post by kagemaru »

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... .html#fn16

Now there are a lot of things i could say about this page, but there is one comment that i really have to point out
"History records that Nebuchadnezzar took the city but the people escaped out to an island. Later Alexander the Great took the Island off the coast by taking the old cities rubble and throwing it into the sea making a land-bridge (this caused the old city to look flat like a rock due to the scraping of the material). The old city is now a place for fisherman but no city has been planted there even though there is an excellent water supply to support a major city."

Rich Deem

Now that's not true the people did not escape to the island, the island was always the main city, the city on the mainland was essentially a support settlement for the island city and was called Ushu in ancient times

so again could you guys either fix this mistake or tell me how this prophecy was really fulfilled
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: a question about a page on this website

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Sources?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
kagemaru
Newbie Member

Post by kagemaru »

Tyre was founded around 2750 BC according to Herodotus and its name appears on monuments as early as 1300 BC.Ushu, (and Amarna letters: Usu), was an ancient mainland city that supplied Tyre, Lebanon (if Tyre was originally on the mainland than why would it need to be supplied with water, food and burial grounds?)Bikai, Pierre, The Land of Tyre, found in chapter 2 of Martha Joukowsky’s “The Heritage of Tyre” 1992, p. 13.
Rich
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Rich »

Ushu ("Old Tyre") was the original city of Tyre. When Nebuchadnezzar laid siege to the city, the residents escaped out to the walled island city. Later, Alexander conquered the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre,_Lebanon
kagemaru
Newbie Member

Post by kagemaru »

the walled isalnd city was the orginal city
kagemaru
Newbie Member

Post by kagemaru »

also ekizel clearly considered the island to be the main city since in verse 8 he says that nebuchadneezar would slay the daughters in the field, if ushu was the main city than what where the daughters in the field?
kagemaru
Newbie Member

Post by kagemaru »

oh sorry for keep making seperate posts but keep reading the wiki article... it says that Ushu "was actually more like a line of suburbs than any one city and was used primarily as a source of water and timber for the main island city" it was not the orginal city ('Tyre' from Encyclopædia Britannica 11th ed)