Celebration of the Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Celebration of the Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad

Post by CeT-To »

Anybody know some good sites, sources or info on the topic in general ? Like about the historical beginning, how they celebrate it and the understanding of the celebration.

God bless!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Celebration of the Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad

Post by CallMeDave »

CeT-To wrote:Anybody know some good sites, sources or info on the topic in general ? Like about the historical beginning, how they celebrate it and the understanding of the celebration.

God bless!
I would like to know why Muslims think Mohammed is higher than / did greater things than .... Jesus Christ.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I can't say much about it, but I think the date changes on our calendar (because Islam follows a lunar calendar for holidays). But hey, at least they celebrate it on the actual day that he was born, as far as I know ;)
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

Ivellious wrote:I can't say much about it, but I think the date changes on our calendar (because Islam follows a lunar calendar for holidays). But hey, at least they celebrate it on the actual day that he was born, as far as I know ;)

Even if they do, that doesnt make Islam true . Where are you at religiously ? Do you follow a world religion or a secular religion such as atheistic secular humanism ?
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.