thank you, everyone

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
wrain62
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: thank you, everyone

Post by wrain62 »

movie comes out 2012
Last edited by wrain62 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Echoside wrote:I was raised Christian by my mother, but never understood it. I grew out of it in my teen years, as she had a very simple (not incorrect) faith that my strictly logically inclined brain couldn't comprehend. I had read plenty of philosophy books, articles, etc. and took a very naturalistic approach to things. Looking back I am sad that such a young person was exposed to a very one sided view of the world. I was, and have always been an intellectual, and I thought I was doing the intelligent thing by dismissing religion.

I came to this site when I was around 15 years old. I vividly remember taking that quiz involving how much of the knowledge of the universe I had. And frustrated as I was to admit it, many of the articles dismissing atheistic criticisms of Christianity made a lot of sense. I think this is the time where I became an honest seeker, I laid down my barriers and became an agnostic in search of truth. Maybe not completely, but an effort was made.

A couple years later I joined the forum. I asked a few questions, usually reserving myself to read what others had to say on a variety of topics. My respect grew for many members of this site, and the faith. I think Jac3510 was a big part of this, as I had never seen philosophical, logical material in defense of Christianity. It's unfortunate that he is not here to read this. I read material on other sites, and one time WLC was mentioned. Every once in a while I still go to reasonable faith to listen to a podcast.

More recently, a few weeks ago I had a discussion about Christianity with my grandfather. To this day he is still one of most intelligent people I've ever met. I found myself smiling as many of the things we talked about were topics I've seen addressed on this site. And I think I began to realise then that I may have been wrong this whole time. Sitting there, agreeing with him on many points was like a slap across the back of the head. What exactly was I objecting to?

Ever since then my mind and emotions have been in fast forward. Last night I feel like I jumped off a cliff, and before I hit the ground was embraced by something so far beyond myself that it' s flooded every aspect of my being. I feel happier than I have in a very long time, I feel like dark glasses have been removed from my eyes and I'm seeing unhindered.

I wanted just to say thank you to everyone. I may have disagreed with things you all have said in the past, and probably also the future. But as a new brother in Christ, I would feel privelaged to join the family, if you would have me :D

Thank you, I can't express how much these years have meant. :cloud9:
This is, quite simply, a beautiful thing, Echo. It has made my day, a day I thought couldn't get any better.

All glory to God, my brother
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Echo, I rejoice with you and am so glad to know first that you've made this tremendous step foward in your life. That we've had a small part of it on this board fills me with joy as well, as we don't always know if and how it positively impacts people. Thanks for the encouragement of sharing this with us.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

Praise the Lord! Welcome, Echoside!

:D
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Glory be to God! This is so overwhelming and truly a Christmas miracle. A thousand angels most likely rejoiced at your conversion of heart. May the Holy Spirit continue to work in and through you, Echo.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Joshua
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

wrain62 wrote:Joshua
Where?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Somewhere on this forum. I will look for him.
DRDS

Post by DRDS »

This is great, I've seen so many wonderful things that have helped and blessed me here and this is certainly one of the best things I've seen here. Great to see you following Christ Echoside. :ebiggrin:
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

God bless you Joshua :D welcome to everlasting life with God, may God always have his eyes on you!

Thanks be unto God!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Totally missed this post and want to apologize! That is amazing!

Thank you for being honest, open, and thoughtful on this forum. It's been great reading what you have to say. :)
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"