Anything worth going to hell for?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Anything worth going to hell for?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Fly Away From Hell. Crank it up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76oCk96q6o
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

I started listening to it -- Anyway. Moving along.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

crochet1949 wrote:I started listening to it -- Anyway. Moving along.
OK,not all like the same kind of music but it is a parody of the song Highway to Hell by the hard rock group AC/DC and it has a good message in it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Well -- I don't do hard rock -- so my taste in music prevented me from hearing the good message. You Did say it was a parady Of. Still didn't take time to listen.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

crochet1949 wrote:Well -- I don't do hard rock -- so my taste in music prevented me from hearing the good message. You Did say it was a parady Of. Still didn't take time to listen.
I understand.I don't like Opera music,and if it was Opera music? it would be hard for me to get through it.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I don't care for Opera music either. I'm more for easy listening music . 91.3 FM. And Gospel music, of course.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Is there anything you would be willing to go to hell for if you THOUGHT it would benefit people you particularly care for or even humanity in general?
Your question has my response. If someone I loved was in hell, I would go there if they could but see me, so their pain would be lessened, if only for moments. I don't think think see others in hell, though. But this is hypothetical, anyways. Yes, I would go to hell to ease others pain if I could.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

crochet1949 wrote:I don't care for Opera music either. I'm more for easy listening music . 91.3 FM. And Gospel music, of course.
Easy listening.Here is another parody they have done that you might like.
I Went In The Stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaHN1U84tqs

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Being in hell is a choice.
I don't believe it's quite how we have programmed ourselves to think it is. Devils with horns and flames with eternal burning, sulphur and all the like.
It's difficult to seperate reality from well reality when we are living according to what the last generation passed down to us. And we have a history of being pretty fantastical and imaginary.
But no, I would never choose to be outside the light and love of God.
More importantly neither would He ever choose or predetermine that path for anyone.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

acb -- Yes -- That was Good.

Melanie -- God's Word gives a pretty good description of hell as well as heaven. Except there will be utter darkness in hell -- the absence of God will make it Dark. Isn't it more the 'artists' conception that the devil has horns and a tail and is ugly and out to get ya. If that was really the case -- evil wouldn't be attractive to us. We'd run from it with no problem. And hell wouldn't really be all that bad. But it's God' Word that talks about the lake of fire and brimstone. And of utter darkness and the nashing of teeth. And a thirst that is never quenched. And I'll take some liberty and suggest that part of the future hell Might include remembering all the opportunities the person had To accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and Refused. And I've known people who Laugh in derision at the idea of 'God' as well as those who take time to share with them.
The passage about the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man found himself in hell and asked Lazarus to please go tell his brothers the reality of what he was now facing and that a drop of water on his tongue would be wonderful. But there was a great chasm separating them. Lazarus couldn't help him. So - the rich man would continue in his suffering Forever. And the idea is that We need to recognize the Reality of hell and be willing to share That information with those who we know. And we will Probably get laughed at and called religious fanatics or whatever for believing in 'that book' in the first place. But there will be those who Do listen -- so we share and leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit to continue working in lives of people.
"Being in hell Is a choice' -- the result of Not accepting God's gift of Salvation From ending up there.

God also has all-knowledge --- He is the Only One who knows who will and who won't accept Him. We don't know that, though, so we share with All as we're told to.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Satan is also the master deceiver. His job is to trick anyone he can into thinking that sin is Great. So that we won't Want to avoid it. Enjoy it Now / have all that Bad fun Now and don't worry about 'tomorrow'. But we Don't know that we Will have 'tomorrow'. How many people are killed by drunk drivers or weird circumstances. Someone falls asleep at the wheel and crosses the center line and in a moment You are the fatality. Sooooo --take time Now to make Sure.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Jesus spoke in parables and symbolism.
The rich man and Lazarus is a perfect example. Remembering who the audience was... The Pharisees.
He spoke of a man who had nothing, who ate from the scraps of others. Those that others looked down on. The others being in this story being the Pharisees.
Who were the Pharisees? The religious elite.
It is a story of the religious looking down upon others supposedly below them.
The beggars, the lowliest just trying to grab a crumb. The symbology of Abraham comes from the Old Testament when it was believed and by Jewish custom that the righteous are received on death by Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Ergo Abrahams bosom.
Whilst so many have used this scripture to preach a hellish hell ironically I think it's telling a different story. It speaks to me of compassion, kindness, generosity and love.
It was used I believe as a story to betray to those that believed without question due to religious superiority a place in paradise as an example of humility and importance of showing grace to all.
There is no first place or righteous entry.
We all go by the grace of God.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

The passage is in Luke 16: 19 - 31

We agree up to the part of "Who were the Pharisees? The religious elite."

Abrahams' bosom -- yes.
Religious superiority -- NO.
NO thing that we do earns anyone a place
Begging Abraham to have mercy, Yes. But the rich man is also told that his brothers - all five of them - have the same witness of the prophets and Moses -- let them hear Them.

And there will be a real hell -- Lake of fire and brimstone -- knashing of teeth. All those nasty things we don't like to think about. But - That place was never meant to People -- only satan and the beast and false prophet. People only end up there because they don't accept God's way to stay Out.

Yes, God's grace is sufficient for All -- to accept while here on earth. We All have God's Word and people sharing with us -- just as They did back Then.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. (Rom 9:1-5)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Jac 3510 -- what are you trying to say through that Scripture?