Question

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Question

Post by UsagiTsukino »

what do u guys think? This is more on should we force women to carry babies from rape? I think it should be their choice.
Last edited by UsagiTsukino on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Question

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi

Have you ever spoken to a rape baby who is grown up? Ask them if they think they should have been aborted and if they have a right to life. You can find plenty of articles on the web with interviews with people who are the product of rape, I suggest you read them first and let me know what you think.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Hi

Have you ever spoken to a rape baby who is grown up? Ask them if they think they should have been aborted and if they have a right to life. You can find plenty of articles on the web with interviews with people who are the product of rape, I suggest you read them first and let me know what you think.
I think that would be akin to asking an African American if slavery in the USA was a good idea. I currently live in the greatest country in the world. If it were not for slavery; I would not. That being said; the end does not justify the means.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I know someone who was a product of rape. So don't you judge. Look, this is hard for me to ask because everyone always gangs up on me. What of women who are mental damaged by this for? All I asked was this. Shouldn't rape victims have a choice? I mean it's a hard question yes. It's like asking should we allow abortions when we know the baby will not make it. Look if this becomes a problem I will report my forum or anyone else who has a problem can report.
Last edited by UsagiTsukino on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

Killing the child isn't going to heal the mental anguish from the rape. If the woman doesn't want to risk keeping the child due to the constant reminder, she can give it up for adoption. The child didn't choose to be conceived, it is totally innocent.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

UsagiTsukino wrote:I know someone who was a product of rape. So don't you judge. Look, this is hard for me to ask because everyone always gangs up on me. What of women who are mental damaged by this for? All I asked was this. Shouldn't rape victims have a choice? I mean it's a hard question yes. It's like asking should we allow abortions when we know the baby will not make it. Look if this becomes a problem I will report my forum or anyone else who has a problem can report.
Hey bro I'm not judging you, I didn't mean to sound short with you, I was just trying to encourage you to read their stories.

A rape victim does have a choice, they could give the baby up for adoption or keep it, but destroying a life is not the answer.

Now ask yourself this question, when does life begin? Let me know what you think.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Life begins at birth not in the womb. It's the grow of a life but not life until birth
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

UsagiTsukino wrote:Life begins at birth not in the womb. It's the grow of a life but not life until birth
So what defines a human being, what is it about the birth makes a baby different from when it is in the womb?
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

you are a human being when you are born. Doesn't mean that in the womb you aren't important. When we look at the meaning of the soul in hebrew it means “breath of life.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

UsagiTsukino wrote:you are a human being when you are born. Doesn't mean that in the womb you aren't important. When we look at the meaning of the soul in hebrew it means “breath of life.
I'm confused then, your saying that in the womb we are important but not important enough to warrant the preservation of that life.

Science tells us at the moment of conception that the embryo is fully human, it has all the genetic information it will have as an adult and for all intents and purposes it is fully human. So the question really is when do we achieve personhood and what constitutes personhood. These are questions you need to ask yourself, what qualifies a person being a person and if you think it happens at a certain stage of life, how is that stage different from the previous stage?

As to your Bible quote, when do you think God gives us the breath of life? Is an embryo alive?
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

Rob wrote:Killing the child isn't going to heal the mental anguish from the rape. If the woman doesn't want to risk keeping the child due to the constant reminder, she can give it up for adoption. The child didn't choose to be conceived, it is totally innocent.
Adoption is often worse than death.
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

It's all very well to stand on the street with an anti abortion poster, and declare that we can't judge, when one is not directly involved in any situation that requires a decision to be made about life.
The reality is that people have to make decisions in very ambiguous situations, such as a possible deformity or eminent death of the infant, or embryo, and risks of disease and death of the mother, and many other issues.

God knows we live in an imperfect world.

Abortion issues are a social issue and should not be made a religious or political issue, because of the fact that every case is different and individual. However there should be political moves, such as providing medical or social workers clients with information, and then after that, the actions should be viewed as the best one knew at the time, without the preposterous guilt of religions entering into it, and without indiscriminate political control.

The baby of the rape victim can be seen as the continued life of the rapist, or the revenge against that vile act. It can be raised with love and forgiveness which will triumph over the rapist, or a very unhappy person. Sometimes crime is perpetuated through keeping the child.

One mother raised her son as a good man, and when he found out that his father was a criminal, went and slew him.

Another mother did the same, but her daughter found the father and confronted him, sought help for him and he repented in later life.

Sometimes the death of the embryo/child is justified in the eyes of God just as the first case above may be fully justified. Each case is judged by the individual's circumstances. One rule does not apply to all.

When the embryo/child is in utero, it is affected by the emotions and feelings of the mother, and it can often develop a character after its mother. Not that revenge and hatred are necessarily evil, but not conducive to carry throughout an entire life.

The decision of terminating the pregnancy, is extremely difficult and often made under emotions which may not be a reflection of the mother in the future. It can take more than a lifetime to get over a rape, and yet the mother is supposed to make all her decisions long before the baby is due, while she may not have come to terms with it. So guilt is not right for this person. God blames it all on the criminal and no where else.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

It seems to me that when it comes to abortion the main people and reasons why so many abortions are done have very little to do with rape,the vast majority is for birth control after the fact,all of this talk about rape is a smokescreen for what abortion is really all about and it is grown humans of a mature enough nature to avoid a pregnancy but because they are irresponsible abortion becomes their birth control. So those for abortion need to stop with the smoke screen and admit what abortion is really for.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote:what do u guys think? This is more on should we force women to carry babies from rape? I think it should be their choice.
Hi Usagi,

Ultimately, it will be the woman's choice.

But if you're asking if a baby conceived from rape, is any less human than a baby conceived otherwise, I think you know the answer to that.

I'm sure any woman dealing with this issue has a very tough decision whichever she chooses. But a human life is a human life. Period.

And usagi,

To say a baby isn't human because it's not born yet, is just incorrect.

If you want the answer, take the emotional argument out of it. It really is a black and white(wrong and right) issue.

It's simply wrong to murder an innocent life, just because it was conceived through someone else's sin.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

As a women I say that notion of being raped is VERY DISGUSTING and I would have GREATLY HARD times.
But I would never kill the innocent baby in me. That would cause me even harder times.
I would have to struggle a lot to also keep the baby and take care of it. But I would try to win the struggle with help of Christian friends.

When I see in news someone was raped... I so hate it. :xxpuke:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart