Why Jesus didn't know the time of His future return to earth?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Why Jesus didn't know the time of His future return to earth?

Post by Philip »

The Bible teaches that Jesus is eternal and fully God - as are the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus, upon His birth, is also (and remains) completely human as well. And Jesus, in Mark 13, spoke of His return to earth: "32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

So, as Jesus was and is fully God - how could He not have known the time of His own return? Dr. Heiser explains it: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/onusXCJFqM8

The rest of the Mark 13 passage states: "33 Be on guard, keep awake.[a] For you do not know when the time will come. 34 It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. 35 Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows,[c] or in the morning— 36 lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. 37 And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.”

What this tells me is: A) NO human can ever know the time of Jesus return, at the end of time - and God doesn't WANT us to know it's timing; B) People should quit any obsessing over trying to figure out the exact timing of His return: C) We are to prepare ourselves spiritually and be ready and of great hope and anticipation, as if it was going to happen tonight! D) His return should not create anxiety, but will be an event that all Christians should joyfully have great hope in.