Question that I can't stop thinking about

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
ChristianJMU
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Question that I can't stop thinking about

Post by ChristianJMU »

I believe in an old earth. I also believe that there is evidence that people have lived more than 6,000 years. My problem is that I also believe that Adam and Eve are historical figures. The genealogy is listed in the Bible that links Adam to Jesus, and Jesus lived approximately 2000 years ago. We can then come up with the the ages listed in the Bible that Adam was around about 6,000 years ago. So then how is their evidence of people who lived more than 6000 years ago? Something doesn't line up. Please help.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Question that I can't stop thinking about

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

ChristianJMU wrote:I believe in an old earth. I also believe that there is evidence that people have lived more than 6,000 years. My problem is that I also believe that Adam and Eve are historical figures. The genealogy is listed in the Bible that links Adam to Jesus, and Jesus lived approximately 2000 years ago. We can then come up with the the ages listed in the Bible that Adam was around about 6,000 years ago. So then how is their evidence of people who lived more than 6000 years ago? Something doesn't line up. Please help.
From the main site

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth ... ogies.html
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ChristianJMU
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Question that I can't stop thinking about

Post by ChristianJMU »

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for.