Issues at work

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Issues at work

Post by Kurieuo »

You know... rewinding eight years ago.

Wife is pregnant at around 6 months.
Will have to leave work on maternity. My business isn't doing well.
I look for a job and get one within 2 weeks of looking.

Then funny thing happens. A few days before my wife gives birth, I get told they business is doing tough and since I'm the recent addition I'll be the first to go.
I'm not phased at all really. Had some great people and I liked the work which was a big change from my business.
But, I felt God lead me there and he'll lead me somewhere else.

Then within 2 weeks my wife's boss calls and arranges an interview to discuss having me work on a 1 month project.
I end up working there for one month. Then one month turned into a year, then 2 years and onto three.
During year 2 I actually had the feeling God wanted me to leave, return to the business or something else.
But, I got comfortable so God sent additional signals my way. And then he made it unbearable to work there and I left.
Was the biggest weight off my shoulders, although I didn't know what the future held.

Fast forward I think about 3 years now, and my business has been doing great the last few years.
It's high stress though, makes me at times just want to stay in bed. Feels like such a big responsibility I have to clients and their businesses. I do my best.
And I've also had my kids grow up around me -- because I get to work from home under my house.

I don't know why God takes care of some of us like this whereas other kin around the world go through great hardship.
Much greater than I can imagine. I can only speak of my own experiences really. God works with us all according to our own situations I suppose.
And I do think God has taken care of me in this manner. Whatever happens is His will and that puts me at ease.

My time here is quite short, and the hereafter is forever more.
I just don't want to be kicking myself when my life is done for what I didn't do.

Just try to discern the best course of action in your life, which doors keep being closed, and try walk through an open one.

May the Force be with you Rick!
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Thanks K.
During year 2 I actually had the feeling God wanted me to leave, return to the business or something else.
But, I got comfortable so God sent additional signals my way. And then he made it unbearable to work there and I left.Was the biggest weight off my shoulders, although I didn't know what the future held.
In my case, I wasn't sure God wanted me to leave, but it was getting pretty unbearable. And I'm definitely ready for whatever He wants me to do.
Just try to discern the best course of action in your life, which doors keep being closed, and try walk through an open one.
That's exactly how I look at it too. :D

And I realize that God will make a way where it seems there is no way. If He wants me somewhere, He'll make a way(open a door).
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Speaking of doors opening, I just came across this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIHtuKc3Gjg[/youtube]
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Such conditions, Philip, we have here in Slovakia since many years back.
Rick, start your own biznis. ;)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Such conditions, Philip, we have here in Slovakia since many years back.
Rick, start your own biznis. ;)
I think I've come up with an idea for a business. Tell me what you think. I'll dress up as a killer klown and do children's birthday parties. y:o) y:o)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

That would be popular if you lived in France 8-}2